Wednesday, September 13, 2006

September WIPs/PIGs/WIMs/UFOs

It's time for the monthly review of all the crochet items on my lists and in my head. What shall I do next? I find it's nice to see it all down in writing so I can reassess each month and decide what to put on my monthly challenge list for Yahoo crochetchallenge. I've decided to add a new category - UFO. UFOs are simply unfinished objects. These differ from WIPs in that I am NOT currently wokring on them. They sit in a basket, in a corner, untouched and unloved. The rest of the acronyms are defined in my April list.

UFOs
1. Navy blue cardigan - progress = 15%
2. Toddler cardigan - progress = 50%
3. "High-Stylin' Pillow" (Crochet calendar)- progress = 10%


WIPs
1. Colinette yarns afghan kit - progress = 25%.
2. Robyn's Crystal Lace Bolero - progress= 85% at crochet-a-long
3. Tennis Socks - sock-a-long at crochetsocks - just begun...
4. Matinee Swing Jacket - Bernat Soft Boucle - just begun... at crochet-a-long


PIGs
1. Drops 68-15 Summer cardigan - swatched, but will wait for next Spring/Summer.
2. "Easy Ripple" Afghan - Sage Mary, spruce green, beige, black
3. 63 squares Afghan - Aran
4. Peter's Jacob sweater at crochet-a-long - RH Med Spruce.
5. Spring Crochet Cardigan - Wool of Andes Dusty Rose
6. 'Oxford Style' socks (Crocheted Socks!)- Bob
8. 'Alpine Meadow' hooded sweater - a fall MUST! Wool-Ease
9. Marble yarn sweater for me - Todays Crochet pattern
10. Twyla Cardigan - swatched in Sirdar flamingo, but still not sure about the yarn choice

WIMs
1. Letter pillows "Y" & "X" from Woven-n-Spun
2. Alex's sweater - Navy, Lt Country Blue & Gray Simply Soft
3. Picot Cropped Cardigan
4. Drops Safran Tank - never found the right yarn, maybe next summer
5. Bob's Vest Teal/black/gray
6. Alex's sweater - Green Simply Soft
7. Abby's sweater - grape chunky
8. Mittens & Hats
9. Abby's sweater - periwinkle RH Kids - Just Right pattern
10. Abby's snow girl cardigan (Crochet! Jan '05)
11. Alex's sweater vest - Green Simply Soft
12. Robyn’s Spider Shrug

I love getting this all written out to look at. OK – for September…I want to whip some WIPs - the Crystal Lace Bolero at at crochet-a-long, the elusive sock-a-long CAL at crochetsocks, and hopefully the swing jacket at crochet-a-long as well. In between all this I'll keep working on the Colinette afghan.

After that it's sweater time... Peter's Jacob sweater is next at CAL. That will take a while. I want to make a vest for Alex, maybe the navy & grey sweater for Alex, a vest for Bob, sweaters for me & Abby too... wah so many things to make and so little time! Time to start hooking!

No comments: