Monday, January 16, 2006

More WIPS

Crocheters beware: Organizing patterns = more WIPs.
I always have multiple WIPs, but never this many... There's the socks, the baby cardigan & my navy cardigan (see 1/07 post; http://flyinghooks.blogspot.com/2006/01/hook-withdrawal-wips.html) but now I have 3 more...

First, I got sidetracked by the "Baby it's cowled outside" neckwarmer from Crochet Me. http://www.crochetme.com/baby-it-s-cowled-outside I LOVE my Moebius neck warmer and wear it ALL the time, but it's colors are a bit wardrobe limiting so when I saw this pattern, I grabbed some basic black (RH Classic leftover from my Elegant Lace poncho), a G hook and was off...

Second, I was re-filing the patterns in the Crochet Calendar (they do tend to fall out!) and saw the "High-Stylin' Pillow" from Feb 18-19. I was perfect for the floor pillow that had a hole in it and was screaming "Make me a new cover" (Actually it's been muffled since the hole got so big I put it in a basement closet.) I had purchased the yarn for it ages ago, but hadn't found a pattern that "spoke" to me. Next thing I know I've dug out the yarn (RH SS 'Claret'), grabbed an H hook and I'm a few rows into what will be a 26 inch pillow.

Third, I found the "Chanson en Crochet" capelet pattern from Interweave. http://tinyurl.com/boxzm I loved this when I first printed it but was swamped in checkers and tic-tac-toe. Last night I was trying to find an excuse to make this NOW, when I discovered that the yahoo crochet-a-long which spun off from CP chose this very pattern as their first garment. So at midnight, instead of sleeping, I went stash diving and found some LB Wool-Ease 'Blue Mist' and cranked off the first 5 rows before sleep won the battle!

Well, off to crochet...

No comments: