Tuesday, February 21, 2006

olympic progress, day 12

I finished the 2nd sleeve AND I found my buttons!! Lots of sewing awaits me tomorrow, and edging and sewing and more vacuuming and laundry (UGH!), but the actual main crocheting part is complete and I love my buttons! So here's the 2nd sleeve (hopefully you think it looks just like the first one!!). And here's all the panels & sleeves laid out together (with my wonderful buttons!).... it's starting to look like a sweater!!
So my button story....I headed off to my LYS after my kids' piano & music classes. I had 4 different sales people helping me find buttons!! One friendly fellow was rather disappointed that I didn't want frog or flower or mushroom buttons - nothing alive. I'm so boring!!
Anyway, we looked at several. I kept drifting back to the rack of silver buttons and then the LYS owner found these. I think they're perfect. The square shape & openwork design match the sweater stitch. I love it! (Did I mention I'm happy with my buttons?)

9 comments:

sara said...

they are perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norah said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! I love those buttons on that sweater too!!! Wow!

Suzetta said...

You did GOOD! I think button selection is hard, these give just the right touch!

Vera said...

You can see the finish line! Great job.

Anonymous said...

Wow - the sweater all together with those buttons looks GREAT! The buttons really give it that extra ooomph! :) Congrats! Keep going strong to the finish line....

Yasmin said...

Wow! That is wonderful. Your sweater ahs turned out beautiful , the colour and the buttons go so well together.

Kimberly said...

Love the buttons - they are perfect!!! You are almost there!! You can do it!!!

Norma said...

I think the buttons are beautiful and I love how you arranged all the sweater parts to "look like a sweater" - great job! Please model it for us when it's completed. Now get back to your laundry and vacuuming! : ) That's where I'm headed, myself. : )

Deb said...

Your sweater is gorgeous!!!!You have done such a beautiful job!