Friday, March 31, 2006

March challenge - down to the wire

I actually did it!! After suffering from 2nd sock syndrome all month - and sidetracking on to other projects - I crocheted 2 different socks in the past week to complete all 3 sock pairs. Ta Daa! Here is my PAIR of "In your shoes ankle socks" using Patons Kroy Socks 'Vista Sea'. This was part of a sock-a-long with my crochetedsocks Yahoo group. I also crocheted a "Classic Ribbed Cable" sock mate (pattern in Crocheted Socks by Janet Rehfeldt and Mary Jane Wood) using Swizzle sock yarn. This had been on hold since before the crochet olympics!! Completing these socks and the crochet-along socks and doing the well traveled bag were my goal for March at Yahoo crochetchallenge. I also completed the cable purse.

In addition, with my CAL gang I've been working on the Jiffy Jacket and have the back panel completed - using Caron Simply Soft 'Dark Sage'. I also started another crochet-a-long with these crazy gals and have made significant progress Seraphina Shawl using Joann's Sensation Rainbow Boucle......ain't sidetracking fun?

8 comments:

sara said...

hey ginny............looks like you had a great crochet month!!! way to go

sara said...

oh i love your socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norah said...

Wow! Those socks are great! And I love that shawl and the way the colors work up!! Excellent job!!!

Anonymous said...

wow, that Seraphina Shawl is wonderful!!!!
Love your socks too. :o)

Norma said...

Ginny...as usual, an unqualified WOW! Everything looks great. The socks are awesome! The shawl is very pretty, too. Is it for yourself?

Anonymous said...

I love to knit socks, Haven't crocheted any yet.Yours are beautiful work.
Elsie Va

Samantha said...

I like the socks. Those are on my to do list. I like that shawl too such beautiful colors.

Anonymous said...

LOL we're working on so many of the same things. I just finished my seraphina in a slightly lighter blue and I started the socks today :)