Saturday, August 19, 2006

August WIMs, PIGs, & WIPs

Can you say ROLLOVER?? Looks like a few items on my August challenge list will be unfinished projects from July! But first let's do the monthly review of all the possibilities - I find it's nice to see it all down in writing so I can reassess each month and decide what to put on my monthly challenge list for Yahoo crochetchallenge. In case you're interested, here are the links to my April, May, June and July lists (the April one gives acronym definitions).

WIPs
1. Beth tank from Berroco - - progress = 45%.
2. Colinette yarns afghan kit - progress = 25%.
3. Robyn's Crystal Lace Bolero - progress = 2% (a swatch square!!) at crochet-a-long
4. Drops 68-15 Summer cardigan - progress = swatch.
5. Navy blue cardigan - progress = 15%
6. Toddler cardigan - progress = 50%
7. "High-Stylin' Pillow" (Crochet calendar)- progress = 10%

PIGs
1. Tennis Socks - soon to start sock-a-long at crochetsocks
2. Drops Safran Tank - never found the right yarn, maybe next summer
3. "Easy Ripple" Afghan
4. 63 squares Afghan - Aran
5. Spring Crochet Cardigan
6. 'Oxford Style' socks (Crocheted Socks!)- Bob
7. Felted Hook Case
8. 'Alpine Meadow' hooded sweater - a fall MUST!
9. Marble yarn sweater for me - Todays Crochet pattern
10. Twyla Cardigan - swatched, but still not sure about the yarn choice

WIMs
1. Letter pillows "Y" & "X" from Woven-n-Spun
2. Granny Ripple Baby Afghan
3. Picot Cropped Cardigan
4. Cream Cotton Shrug
5. Bob's sweater Teal/black/gray - maybe a vest, not enough yarn
6. Alex's sweater - Green
7. Abby's sweater - grape chunky
8. Mittens & Hats
9. Abby's sweater - periwinkle
10. Abby's snow girl cardigan (Crochet! Jan '05)
11. Alex's sweater vest
12. Robyn’s Spider Shrug
13. Peter's Jacob sweater at crochet-a-long - hopefully September.

I love getting this all written out to look at. OK – for August…
I want to complete the first WIP - the Beth tank for me.
Then I'm moderating the Crystal Lace Bolero (WIP #2) at at crochet-a-long, so that gets priority too. There's always the elusive sock-a-long CAL at crochetsocks (PIG #1) - rumor has it we're starting any day now...I'll have to keep up with that as I am a moderator there.
In between all this I'll keep working on the Colinette aghan (WIP #3).

Summer projects will take the back seat again for awhile. It's sweater time! Time to start hooking!

3 comments:

Norah said...

wnWow, you've been getting a lot done.

Norah said...

I meant wow, not wnWow! Sorry about that.

Anonymous said...

Wow, you have a lots to do.
But it is many lovely projects you have.