Saturday, August 19, 2006

July challenge report

OK, this is way over do. But I will report on the progress I actually made back in July. For July… I wanted to complete the Drops Top, hopefully the Beth tank for me and maybe (but most likely not) the Safran tank. Then there was the elusive sock-a-long CAL at crochetsocks that I had figured would start in July. Here's what happened.

1. Drops Design Top - progress = 99.9%. I'm actually moderating this CAL at Yahoo crochet-a-long group. I actually finished it in July. All that was left was weaving in those blasted ends!
2. Caprice Sundress - progress = 100%. This was finished in June. But I finally lined it!
3. Beth tank from Berroco - progress = 45%. I made a bit of progress on the drive home from NY after finishing the Drops Top.
4. Colinette yarns afghan kit - progress = 25%. This was my birthday surprise from dh. The kit pattern is for a wave-like ripple afghan (3'x4'). I'm using a K hook and the gorgeous yarn hanks shown in my birthday post. I've completed 1 1/4 of 4 1/2 pattern repeats. As I suspected I couldn't resist starting this even before the Drops Top was done. Unfortunately, it was way too hot in NY to work on this!
5. Socks - soon to start sock-a-long at crochetsocks. Progress = 0%. This is entirely NOT my fault. We do finally know the pattern. It's Tennis Socks in the Crochet Socks book. I have my yarn - Knit Picks Dancing. We'll still waiting for this to start.

All in all, I did OK. The Drops is finally done! Now I'll let youknow what my plan for August is (or was, since we're half way through already!!)

No comments: