Saturday, August 19, 2006

Drops Top Progress - July 25th

Garnstudio Drops Design Top using a 3.0mm hook with GGH Bali yarn shown here (scroll down).
I knew the creative side seams had to wait until the sleeves were done so I started working on the sleeves next. I'm still not sure how these sleeves were supposed to fit. If I read the pattern right, and it seems I did, this is what the sleeve looked like. It was supposed to have one or two (I forget) more rows at the top/shoulder edge, but after I placed it in the armhole of the sweater, I stopped crocheting.
How is this supposed to fit??
My solution was to frog the sleeve back to the beginning of the decreases and design a sleeve with decreases to match the shape of the armhole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL This happened to me before as well. But, trust me, it really does work. You just have to sort of ease the sleeve in as you go.
:-)