Thursday, July 06, 2006

June challenge report

OK, it's time to check in and see how I did in June. So what did I theoretically commit to on my June challenge list for Yahoo crochetchallenge, and what did I actually do? On my list was finishing the Absolutely Precious sweater #2, the Sideways Shell Baby Blanket, and the Drops Top with my CAL. I also wanted to make the Caprice Sundress for my dd and possibly the Beth tank for myself and finally I expected to start a Sock-along as well. Here's what really happened in June. Click on "progress" for a link to the post showing current state of the project.

1. Absolutely Precious Baby sweater #2 - progress = 100%.
2. Sideways Shell Baby Afghan - progress = 100%.
3. Drops Design Top - progress = 45%. I'm actually moderating this CAL at Yahoo crochet-a-long group. I can't believe how little I actually accomplished again this month (I said the same thing in May!!). This time it's because after finishing all those baby items I couldn't resist making the dress for my dd (see #4). I am finally working on this full time now. No other WIPs allowed!
4. Caprice Sundress - progress = 100%. This was quite a project as I ended up frogging, redesigning and re-crocheting the entire body of the dress. I think I will end up lining it as soon as I can get to a fabric store.
5. Beth tank from Berroco. Progress = 0%. I'd love to start this I just haven't allowed myself to get distracted away from the Drops Top. I may need to let it happen to prevent burn out, we'll see in a few weeks...or days! Of course the list of possible tank tops has grown....
6. Socks - soon to start sock-a-long at crochetsocks. Progress = 0%. This is entirely NOT my fault. I don't even have the pattern yet. We'll still waiting for this to start.

All in all, I did OK! I really wanted to do more on the Drops Tops, but redesigning the Caprice Dress took a bit of time!!

2 comments:

Norah said...

You're really got a lot accomplished.

Anonymous said...

wow, I think you have done a lot in June. Way to goo.