Monday, October 23, 2006

Felted memo bag - all but strap

This is the Felted memo bag I made as a CAL at Yahoo crochetchallenge using KnitPicks Wool of the Andes in Hyacinth, Hollyberry and Fog, and a 7.00mm hook.
Pattern modifications: I tried to add side panels to the bag by adding 11 st to each side of the front panel. This necessitated adding a base as long as the width of the side panels. You can see the bag unassembled here. I felted this 2 nights ago, but blogger wouldn't let me post..wah! So today, here it is before & after felting. Oh yeah, someone asked on the pre-felting post about dimensions. So, here's that info as well. Dimensions are in inches (H x W x D)

Before:
bag (13 x 15.75 x 4),
flap (15 x 10) .
.
.
.
.
.
.
After:
bag (9 x 9.75 x 2.75),
flap (9.75 x 8).
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I still can't decide whether I want to try a felted strap or whether I'll use the leather strapping I have and make a thicker version of the strap I used on my well traveled bag.

No comments: