Friday, December 28, 2007

FO: Ballet Sweater

I'm finally blogging again!! I think I've figured out that one can volunteer too much for one's sanity. Hopefully, I'll be able to better balance this in the new year.

I started this sweater during my sweater weekend and finished in early November. It was a really quick crochet project due to the chunky yarn (and the kids size!).

Project details:
Pattern: Lion Brand Ballet sweater
Size: Girls 6
Yarn: Lion Brand Chunky USA - bulky - 100% acrylic - ~500 yds
Colorway: Grape
Hook: Boye K hook (almost 7.0mm)
Gauge: 8 hdc = 4 inches (10 cm)
Pattern Changes: Made the back and sleeves as written. I was making the pullover and didn't want the thickness of a doubled ribbing as written. Following a trick I learned crocheting a secret Robyn project, I made the front ribbing and then crocheted both "panels" of the front off the same ribbing.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Very pretty -- and every little girl's dream color -- purple!