Saturday, October 13, 2007

Three new projects

I couldn't decide which sweater to start the weekend after I mailed Secret Project 2 back to Robyn. It was the last weekend in September. Purple Haze from Crochet Me was starting on October 1st as a CAL at Yahoo crochet-a-long, so I could swatch this a bit but didn't feel like I could really take off on it. Besides, I felt bad that I hadn't started the kids' fall sweaters. Abby wanted the a ballet sweater in purple (of course) and Alex had chosen a two-toned sweater in navy and gray. Being indecisive as usual, I started all three.

1. Purple Haze by Crochet Me. This one's for me. I'm using Gedifra 'Cotton Merino' - 52% Merino wool, 48% cotton, 110yd/50g, 4.25st/inch. I have 20 skeins (2200 yds) in a medium purple color - which you can see in the 2nd photo of this post. Now PH calls for DK not worsted weight, so I had to work out a few gauge issues. Hence why I had to start early! I worked the two shoulder sections of the back, joined them and worked a few more rows of the back. (Actually I crocheted until the first 50g ball of yarn ran out). I stitch pattern has grown on me. At first it reminded me too much of the sideways shell baby blanket, but eventually I got over that. Now I love it!

2. Ballet sweater by Lion Brand. This is for Abby - size 6. I'm using LB Chunky USA - 100 % acrylic - 620yd of a grape colorway - seen in the 3rd photo from the bottom of this post. With a K hook this really flies (I'm actually using a 7.0 mm hook, labeled K, but not!). I stopped this one when I finished the back panel.


3. Two-toned Pullover at Free Pattern Central. I'm making a size 8 for Alex using Caron Simply Soft in gray and navy. The ribbings will all be navy then there are spike stitches to create the pattern. Here's the very beginning of this one at the end of my crochet weekend...

No comments: