Friday, February 09, 2007

WIP: Vintage Motif Cardigan

You know how see an old pattern and the picture is kind of blah so the pattern just doesn't wow you? Well that's what I thought about this vintage motif cardigan until some ladies at the 'Ville showed off their sweaters. Here's Roli in her Simply Soft version and in her Tweedy woolblend version with modified cuffs. Here's Artemis in her Wool-Ease version modified to get full length sleeves. Pretty cool, huh? They look so different!

Well their handiwork has inspired a double CAL - one at Yahoo crochet-a-long and one at Crochetville. The sweater is made with 4 inch motifs so several of us are modifying the size or adding motifs to adjust sizing. In addition, some ladies will be using different square patterns. I can't wait to see what they all create.

Here's my single square, done according to pattern at 4 inches, using my Brittany 5.0mm H hook and Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Mulled Wine. In the end, after a math session, I decided I'd add an extra round for a little ease, and am making 4.25" squares in 8 rounds. Below you can see my first 4 squares, and then 16 squares pinned to a board.

No comments: