In the ideal world, the cardigan would be a little lacy, or textured or something other than just hdc or dc. Or, does the dress demand something more simple from the sweater? In any case, I would like to use this yarn, a wonderfully soft cotton blend in white (center left in photo). It's Gedifra 'Wellness' - 60% cotton, 40% acrylic, 121yd/50g, 4.5st/inch, $1.50/skein. I have 10 skeins (1210 yds). I've searched online and have a few possibilities but, almost all require a bit more tweaking than I'd like or just don't quite match what I'm thinking. So, my online pals, I'm hoping for some more ideas. I've searched the books I own to no avail, but I haven't yet gone through the past 2-3 years of Crochet!, Interweave Crochet, FC Easy Crochet, BH&G Simply Creative Crochet, and Crochet Today magazines - all of which I own. So if anyone has any ideas please shout them out!
Possibilities so far:
- Kim's Girl's Jiffy Jacket (I love this pattern, I made the adult version for me) - possibly a little too heavy, not lacy enough?
- Robyn's Belle's Flowers (sizes 18m - 8/10) - I just bought this one. It was on the top of my list, but I have two concerns - is it too busy on top of the dress, and it's written for Microspun yarn.
- Drop Design 90-16 - I love it - but a little too open mesh for the spring evening wedding?
- Crocheted Garden's Sweet Miss - beautiful, but again calls for Lustersheen or finer yarn.
- Back to School - sizes 2-8, right yarn, but all dc... too boring, or is this what I need?