1. Begin with ch 10 and then increase as written for the toe, but continue to increase to 53 st.
2. Continue in pattern stitch for 20 even rounds and then increase (dc, sc, dc) at the top of the foot to accommodate the wide ankle as follows:
- Increase to 55 st, 2 rnds even
- Increase to 57 st, 4 rnds even
- Increase to 59 st, 2 rnds even
- Increase to 61 st, 1 rnds even
- Increase to 63 st, crochet 1/4 rnd to a side when laid flat.
3. PM at sides for heel, and begin short-row heel with 31 st. Follow pattern for heel decreases and begin increasing when 6 steps on one side and 5.5 steps on the other.
- End heel with 65 st, 4 rnds even
- Decrease at each heel edge - 61 st
- Decrease at each heel edge - 57 st
4. Continue in pattern for leg for 20 rounds even. Do a round of dc ending with dc, hdc, hdc, sc, join.
5. Add sideways rib: Ch 9, sc BLO in 2nd chain from hook and each ch to sock edge, *slip st in next 2 dc, turn, sc BLO in next 7 sc, sc in last sc, ch1, turn, sc BLO in each sc to sock edge*, repeat * to * around sock edge ending with sc in last sc at top, fasten off. Use tail to join cuff.
I love that it's easy to make a custom sock!