Monday, February 11, 2008

FO: First Love 3

At the suggestion of my daughter, I added a blanket to the Baby Hoodie & Hat before shipping them off to friends. I was stashbusting for these projects and had some, but not a lot, of the Monet left, and none of the gray. So I added in some white and a medium blue to try to keep this gender neutral. This is a pattern that I have done twice before, pre-blog, for a cousin's baby and for another friend's baby.

Project details:
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, 100% acrylic; ~150 yds
Colorway: Monet
Yarn: Red Heart Super Saver, 100% acrylic; ~225 yds
Colorway: Windsor Blue
Yarn: Caron Perfect Match, 100% acrylic, ~250 yds;
Colorway: Bright White
Hook: Brittany I (5.5mm) hook
Pattern: First Love [or, on Ravelry]

Hopefully blocking will help solve the problem I created using different brands of yarn. Not all worsted weight yarns are the same! Caron Perfect Match is heavier, IMHO, and honestly I also think the Windsor Blue was heavier than the Monet... so the blanket wasn't laying perfectly flat.

[Ravelry] links for Ravelry members... Join now it's amazing!

No comments: