Wednesday, July 14, 2010

FO: Drops 89-15

I love this sweater!! If you've ever read this blog before you know I love Drops Design patterns [Ravel It!]. They are designed well, they use charts, the garments are flattering... you get the picture. I love the subtle designs they create with every day crochet stitches to achieve interesting crocheted fabric. This pattern used BLO dc and cross dc beautifully (IMHO).













Project details:
Pattern: Drops 89-15 "Crocheted cardigan in muskat" [Ravel It!] by Drops Design [Ravel It!]
Size: L-XL
Style: I considered the collar to be optional. I chose to not add it.
Yarn: Reynolds 'Madrigal' [Ravel It!] (discontinued.. a JCA find for me)
Colorway: Speckled Natural
Hook: Addi Turbo 3.5 mm hook
Pattern Changes:
  • Shaping - I started with a longer chain to accommodate wider hips (!), decreased for waist shaping while adding more rows to accommodate my height, the followed pattern to increase for bust
  • Collar - I did not add the collar.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely cardigan!

ShahZab Adam@ PhD by Publication said...

Looks very nice on you, and I love the patters and texture, it looks so cozy. It must have taken a lot of time and hard work to get it done, because I find it impeccable. Congratulations you have great skills; your works look like they came out of a shop.


My homepage | Online PhD UK Programs