Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Motif - Pattern identification

I hope someone out there can help me. My neighbor & her Mom have discovered an unfinished family heirloom. It's a crocheted tablecloth that my neighbor's grandmother was working on before her death, many years ago. They even have the thread she was planning on using to finish the project. We are trying to identify the pattern for these motifs so that they will be able to commission someone to complete the project. It appears to be a collection of larger circular motifs that are joined with a smaller circular motif.
So... anyone have any ideas??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will do some searching,Ginny!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi my mom had one close to that too. But she always called it the spider. I asked her one day why and she said that while she worked on it as a young girl with her mom it always remined her of a spider. I am sorry but I never got the real name. Hope that you find it and I will try to see if I can find it in any of the old books that I still have of my moms.
Hugs Jo

Monique said...

This is really pretty. Great job!