Saturday, May 13, 2006

Baby sweater progress

Oops... I knew this baby was coming, but I forgot. So I've dropped all other projects for the moment and hope to finish this later today... I'm flying solo with the kids this weekend though, so no promises! I love the pattern (source shown in this post) and although it's a pretty pattern I think with the Simply Soft Light Country Blue yarn it's definitely 'all-boy'. My dd and I found some cute teddy bear buttons at Joann's. I think they'll look great. So here's where I am so far - an armless sweater! The body is finished, I 'm supposed to start the sleeves next, then edging, then sew on buttons. But I just realized, before I finished off the body, that you reattach the yarn in the SAME spot to start the edging... so I started the edging first! Then sleeves, then buttons... uh oh, can I use white thread for the buttons?

5 comments:

sara said...

it's so cute!!!!!! i may have to add one or two of those to my list--when did you start?

Anonymous said...

Thats cute!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I just started this WIP last night. I have to say that I love how yours is turning out. It's a great pattern. Can't wait to see yours when it's done!

Anonymous said...

very nice! does it actually need sleeves? it's cute just as it is...

Anonymous said...

Hi, Ginny! Really cute top! I just read that you are running out of yarn for it. Hopefully, your idea of using a different color for the edging will work.

I have a little tip for yarn for buttons. Try pulling the plies apart and using the separated plies for thread. It doesn't always work, but it's worked for me sometimes.