Pattern: "Minicluster Lace Socks" pattern by Janet Rehfeldt [Ravel It!]
Yarn: Schoeller + Stahl Fortissima Socka 100 [Ravel It!]
Hook: Addi Turbo 3.5mm
Pattern Changes: Simply put I increased to create a gussett for my ankles and decreased again - keeping with cluster pattern for my long narrow feet!
- Cuff: Absent mindedly changed the cuff pattern to fpdc-bpdc instead of 3fpdc-bpdc.
- Leg: As written with 26 miniclusters. Began heel leaving 14 unworked.
- Short row heel: I worked 24 sc into 12 miniclusters and followed the pattern for the deacreases. As I read the pattern, when begininng the heel increases, one is to add an extra sc (in the side of the step) on each of the first two increase rows - not taking the first and second rows over 2 steps each as others have interpreted the pattern. I continued then increasing one step at a time so that in the end I did more increase rows and had 4 more sc than I had when I started. This increase solved my need to increase the number of stitches around my ankle.
- Gussett/Foot: Switching back to miniclusters I had 2 extra - now 28 miniclusters. I worked 3 rounds of 28 miniclusters and then worked a decrease across 1.5 miniclusters at the side of the sock on each side so 3 miniclusters became 2 miniclusters.
- Foot: 10 rounds of 26 miniclusters - repeat the decrease on each side - 15 rounds of 24 miniclusters. Completed the toe as written.